- Once you log in, choose the chequing or savings account from which the form is needed. Note – this feature is not available in mobile banking.
- Click the Direct Deposit and Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Form near the top of the page.
- A letter will automatically be generated, on FirstOntario letterhead and will include a copy of the void cheque.
- You can print the letter if a void cheque is needed or you can easily locate the institution number, transit number and account number to set-up a pre-authorized credit or debit.
- Be sure to delete the download once you’re finished to ensure your banking information is protected.
How do I access a Direct Deposit form?
How do I register for online banking?
To get started, you'll need a Personal Access Code (PAC), which you can get at your nearest branch. If you already have a debit card, give our Member Solutions Centre a call (1-800-616-8878) to get set up.
Then, enjoy the convenience of 24-hour access to your accounts.
Can I change my Personal Access Code (PAC) that I use to log into online and mobile banking?
Yes. Log in to online banking and click on Profile and Preferences under the Account Services section. There you will be able to change your Personal Access Code. First, enter your current PAC, then enter your new PAC and verify it by entering it again. A safe access code consists of eight characters and combines letters and numbers.
Please note – if you forget your password or if you are locked out of your online account, you will have to call our Members Solutions Centre at 1-800-616-8878 or visit your branch to reset your PAC.
How do I cancel my paper statements and receive only eStatements?
All Members are set up to automatically receive eStatements in online banking. You can stop paper statements from being mailed to you by changing your preference in online banking. Simply log into online banking and follow these simple steps:
- In the left-side menu, click on My Accounts
- Within the My Accounts menu items, select Statement Preferences
- The first screen will show you your Membership number.
- Click Next to go to the next screen.On the next screen, select “eStatements only” as your statement preference and click Continue.
- The next screen will summarize your preference. Click Confirm to complete the process.
Depending on timing of completing these steps, you may still receive one more paper statement mailing after cancelling paper statements.
Where can I find my eStatement?
Your eStatement can be found by logging into online banking and following these simple steps:
- In the left-side menu, click on My Accounts
- Within the My Accounts menu items, select View eStatements
- The eStatement screen will appear and you can click on the year from which you would like to view a statement.
- After you click on the specific year, e.g. 2019, each month for which a statement is available will appear for you to select from.
- Click on the month you want to open a PDF of that month’s statement.
Are there fees and limits for Interac e-Transfers?
The fee to send or request an Interac e-Transfer is $1.50. There is no fee associated with receiving an e-Transfer or fulfilling a Request Money Interac e-Transfer.
Please see below for transaction limits:
|Maximum sending transaction limit||$3,000|
|Maximum sending limit per day||$10,000|
|Maximum sending limit per week||$10,000|
|Maximum sending limit per month||$20,000|
|Maximum incoming limit per week||$70,000|
|Maximum incoming limit per transaction||$10,000|
|Maximum incoming limit per day||$10,000|
|Maximum incoming limit per month||$300,000|
|Minimum incoming limit per transaction||$0|
How do I complete an Interac e-Transfer in online banking?
All you and the recipient/sender need to get started is an email address or mobile telephone number and a Canadian deposit account with access to online banking.
Sending an Interac e-Transfer
- Log in to online banking. If you haven’t set up your online banking yet, call us at
1-800-616-8878 or visit your local branch to get started and to receive your Personal Access Code (PAC).
- Click on “Transfers” in the menu on the left, then select Send Interac e-Transfer.
- Set up your profile by filling out the fields as indicated.
- Click on “Add Recipients”. Enter the name and email address or mobile telephone number of the person who you will be sending the money to. Once you have added these details, they will be stored on the Recipients list, you will not have to enter in the same information again.
- Create a security question and answer that only the sender and receiver will know. The receiver will have to enter the answer to the security question in order to access the e-Transfer. If it's a friend, for example, the question might be: "What is the name of your dog?"
For security reasons, the message field which enables you to leave a note for your recipient, must not contain the answer to your security question.
- Select your recipient from the dropdown list on the Send Interac e-Transfer page. Indicate the amount you'd like to send.
Your account will be debited the amount you have sent as well as a $1.50 fee once you click Send Transfer.
Receiving an Interac e-Transfer
You will be notified by email and/or text that an Interac e-Transfer has been sent to you.
From your computer or smartphone, open the email or text and you will be walked through a simple, user-friendly interface that leads to your own financial institution's online banking, where you will deposit the funds to the account of your choice after correctly answering the security question set up by the sender.
What is Autodeposit?
Autodeposit is a feature within the Interac e-Transfer service that enables users to save time when accepting an Interac e-Transfer.
It is enabled by registering your email address with Interac, and allows you to receive funds directly into an assigned account without the need to select your financial institution or answer a security question.
When sending an Interac e-Transfer, the sender is made aware in online banking that you are registered for Autodeposit.
What is the feature Request Money?
Request Money is a feature within the Interac e-Transfer service that allows you to request money via online banking.
Money can be requested by sending an email or text message to any individual or business in Canada. When the request is fulfilled, you will receive a notification once the funds are deposited into the selected account.
What is increased authentication?
authentication improves the safety of the online banking environment
by adding challenge questions and answers at login. These questions
increase the protection of online banking against ‘phishing’ and
other fraudulent behavior.
Members set up
three challenge questions from a list provided during the
How does increase authentication work to protect me?
When you log into
Online or Mobile Banking, the login page may display one of the three
selected challenge questions that you chose at the time of the
The challenge question appears based on a number of
security policy parameters such as logging in from a device that you
would not normally login from.
Answering the question correctly will
indicate that the login is genuine and you will be allowed to
continue into your online banking account.
What if I forget my challenge question answers?
When you do not
answer the challenge questions correctly, you will be presented with
another of the three questions you set up.
After three attempts you
will be locked out of your account and will need to contact our
Member Solutions Centre at 1-800-616-8878.
Can I update my challenge questions?
Once logged in,
you can select different challenge questions from the list provided
and you can also update the answers you have already set up.
Will I get notified if someone tries to login to my account?
You can set up an
email and/or text alert that will notify you if your account has been
locked due to maximum number of failed attempts to answer your
This alert and others can be set up in online
banking by going to “Messages and Alerts” in the left side menu,
then selecting “Manage Alerts”.
Can I create my own challenge questions?
No, you must
select your challenge questions from the list provided.