Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
Grow your savings with our 24-month Escalator GIC
1.30% for 8 months > 1.75% for 8 months > 2.20% for 8 months
Get a competitive rate of return and the safety of government-guaranteed deposit insurance.
With Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs), your principal is secure and your interest is guaranteed for the term.
Select a GIC
Short-term Guaranteed Investments
Put your money somewhere safe for a short time.
- Short terms from 30 to 364 days
- Competitive rates offer guaranteed growth
- Available in non-registered form or in RRSP, RRIF and TFSA accounts
- Deposit insurance: government-guaranteed up to $250,000 for unregistered investments; unlimited on registered plans
Long-term Guaranteed Investments
Build a foundation for your long-term plans.
- Redeemable and non-redeemable terms from one to five years
- Our laddering strategy maximizes returns and reduces sensitivity to changing interest rates
- Non-registered or RRSP, RRIF, TFSA and RESP options
- Government-guaranteed deposit insurance protects you up to $250,000
If you want higher returns but you don’t want to risk your principal.
- Principal is 100% guaranteed at maturity
- Market-linked GICs can provide a higher return than a fixed-rate term investment
- No monitoring is needed
- No fees to calculate or deduct from returns
Grow your investment at the maximum rate, with an option to redeem a portion before maturity
- Offers higher interest rates in every year of its five-year term
- Convertible to a regular GIC on its third and fourth year for the remainder of the term, or longer
- Take advantage of rising rates by re-investing your deposit at a higher rate
- Option to redeem up to 20% of the principal with no penalty, once a year
- Government-guaranteed deposit insurance up to $250,000 for unregistered investments and unlimited on registered plans
Redeem in part or in full, every eight months over the 2-year term to meet your changing needs.
- Can be held as a registered or non-registered investment giving you options based on your goals
- Interest compounds every eight months – earn interest on your interest!
- Investments redeemed early will earn the prevailing rate up to the day of redemption