Direct deposit is a secure electronic transfer of
funds deposited directly into your account at FirstOntario.
Direct deposit replaces the need to
issue payments by paper cheque.
CRA Direct Deposit
Get your benefit payments and tax refunds faster
Personal banking Members can sign up for CRA direct deposit using online banking. A fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly into your account.
Requirements to use online banking for CRA direct deposit sign up:
- Eligible accounts for direct deposit are your personal chequing or savings account
- Members must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and date of birth on file with FirstOntario
- Members need to have filed at least one income tax return with CRA to be eligible
How to set up CRA direct deposit through online banking
- Log in to online banking
- Select Account Services from the menu
- Select Set Up CRA Direct Deposit
- Review personal details and account information for accuracy
- Hit Submit