1. The Promotional Interest Rate of 3.00% APR will be calculated daily and paid monthly. Eligible clients will receive the Promotional Interest in two parts:
- a. Interest calculated at the posted rate listed on FirstOntario's website is paid at the end of the month it was accrued.
- b. An additional interest payment (Bonus Interest) that represents the excess of the Promotional Interest over the Posted Rate interest will be paid at the start of the month following the month in which it was calculated. Bonus Interest will not be paid on the Posted Rate interest amount.
- c. Promotional Interest equals the sum of the Posted Interest and the Bonus Interest.
2. The 3.00% Promotional Interest Rate is paid on any Retail Member's first eSavings account opened (as the primary account holder), whether the Member is new or existing. Members who have been the primary account holder of an eSavings account in the past (as far back as March 2017) will not be eligible.
3. The Promotional Rate will be paid on the balance of the account, up to a maximum of $1,000,000, for the first 90 days from opening provided the account is opened between July 1st, 2019 and July 31st, 2019.
4. After the 90 day period of earning Promotional Interest, the interest earned on this account will be comprised of regular interest earned at the posted rate listed on FirstOntario's website.
5. Existing Members can open their first eSavings account at their branch, at a Personal Assisted Teller (PAT), by calling our Member Solution Centre, or by logging into online banking.
6. Any individual who is not currently a Member of FirstOntario and would like to open their first eSavings account must become a Member at one of our local branches.
7. Any applicable account closed prior to the payment of the Bonus Interest will forfeit any additional interest calculated during the month in which the applicable account is closed.
8. If FirstOntario is unable to run the Promotion as planned, for any reason, FirstOntario reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
9. FirstOntario reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Account holder it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness or integrity of this offer.