Supporting Students and Young Leaders
Heading to college or university? Looking for leadership opportunities and a little support?
FirstOntario is happy to offer education awards and leadership camp opportunities, created with students in mind. Don't miss your chance to apply!
We want you to succeed
FirstOntario is committed to helping our young Members achieve more than just financial success.
When you make the important decision to go to college or university, your studies, not your bank account, should be your first priority.
HERE'S HOW WE CAN HELP
FirstOntario offers six education awards valued at $1,000 each to those who exemplify leadership qualities, community engagement and the drive to make our communities better.
Not a Member yet? That’s ok (but you’re missing out!). We want to help you too.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Open to first or second year post-secondary students aged 25 or younger
- You need a 70% average or higher (we’ll need your Grade 12 transcript)
- Tell us about your community volunteerism and experience that highlights co-operative philosophies of caring, co-operation and community
- Show us your leadership qualities that contribute to your community today and how you will use your education to make a difference tomorrow
MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Co-operative Young Leaders Camp
Fostering your opportunity to learn and grow
Co-operative Young Leaders (CYL) camp is a fun and interactive program that brings teenagers together from across Ontario. As part of FirstOntario’s goal to encourage community growth and leadership with our young Members, we sponsor CYL camp opportunities every summer.
CYL camp has all the fun things you would expect like hiking, campfires, swimming, volleyball and just hanging out.
But there's more! You'll have the opportunity to:
“I learned important leadership skills which helped me become a responsible student at school, a great communicator among my friends, a positive contributor at home and a responsible young person at the place I work as a part-timer.”Sobia Nadeem, 2017 camper
- Campers are between the ages of 14 and 18
- There are three levels- Junior, Intermediate and Senior
- Campers work on a special project that incorporates their strengths while working as part of a team
- Base Camp- another option for 12 to 13 year-olds, is a weekend adventure that teaches co-operative principles in a creative way