- Rate subject to change without notice.
- The FirstOntario Registered Product 90 Day Offer (“the Offer”) of 2.00% on a 90 day non-redeemable term deposit is available to Members who invest new money in the term deposit beginning Dec 18, 2020.
- The Member must meet the requirements for holding a RRIF, RRSP, RESP or TFSA, as set out by the Government of Canada – must be a Canadian resident and 18 years of age or older.
- The offer is available in branch or by phone/virtual appointment, to new and existing Members. Any individual who is not currently a Member of FirstOntario Credit Union must become a Member in order to qualify for the offer.
- The investment must be new to FirstOntario with the funds having come from an external source over the past 30 days. Transfer of a registered product from another financial institution is eligible. The 2% interest is an annual rate. Interest will be calculated daily and paid at the end of the 90 days into the Member’s registered product investment savings account.
- If funds are being transferred from another financial institution. The T2033 transfer form must be signed by the last day the rate is available.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to verify that they have adequate contribution room in their registered product (RRIF, RRSP, TFSA, and RESP) prior to making an investment. Contribution room is the maximum amount you can contribute and is comprised of unused contribution amounts and withdrawals from previous years. Anyone who exceeds their contribution limit is subject to a tax penalty from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- FirstOntario Credit Union reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
- FirstOntario reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer to any Account holder it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness or integrity of this offer.
* APR. Rates are subject to change at any time
** Registered GICs can be opened over the phone with one of our Member Solutions Centre representatives.