Market Index GIC
Higher returns without risking your principal
If you want higher returns but you don’t want to risk your principal, our Market Index GIC may be what you’re looking for. It pays a rate of return based on the performance of the major market indices over a three-year or five-year period.
But it’s still a term investment, backed by government-guaranteed deposit insurance. That means you have a 100% principal guarantee without the risk that comes from a direct investment in stocks or mutual funds.
You might benefit from a Market Index GIC if you're:
- Looking for a higher return than the rate paid on fixed-rate deposits, but don’t want to sacrifice a principal guarantee
- Looking for an equity investment that carries no fees or commissions
- Searching for a diversified investment in Canadian corporations
- Comfortable with investing your funds for a three-year or five-year period
THE MARKET INDEX GIC IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
It may not work for:
- Retirees and others who depend on investments for their current income
- Anyone who might need their principal back before the three-year or five-year term expires
- Members looking for RRIF investment options, since the Market Index GIC is not redeemable prior to maturity and does not have a guaranteed rate of return, it is ineligible
- Anyone looking for RRSP investment options who is 67 years of age or older, because the minimum term makes the Market Index GIC ineligible
S&P/TSX 60 INDEX
The S&P/TSX 60 Index tracks 60 of the foremost companies in leading industries in Canada, providing investors with a broad but manageable index.
Make an appointment today
Connect with one of our Member Consultants to learn more.