FirstOntario Community Assistance Program
In these uncertain times, it’s important as a community based credit union that we provide support to our Members. FirstOntario’s Community Assistance Program provides information to our Members who have been impacted by COVID-19 and summarizes some of the financial support and assistance programs available.
Financial Advice and Assistance from FirstOntario
We are here to help. Contact us if you need assistance during these uncertain times if you want to find out about a personal loan, overdraft protection or mortgage support.
Personalized Financial Advice
FirstOntario employees are available to assist Members in managing their finances in light of financial distress they may be experiencing. Our branch staff can help with:
- Completing a household budget to identify ways to improve cash flow and identify cost reduction or elimination.
- Reviewing current debt for opportunities to consolidate
Personalized Investment and Insurance Advice
Our Wealth Advisors are available to meet with Members and discuss their investment portfolios, retirement savings, and estate planning. They can also work with Member to create a financial plan. We have insurance experts to discuss overall insurance needs with Members.
Government Relief Programs
There are a number of emergency benefits and financial support programs being offered through the Government of Canada, designed to help Canadians and businesses get through these tough times.
Please click here to see the full list of the benefits that are currently accepting applications.
Managing Your Financial Health
Food Banks and Emergency Food Services
- Oxford County
- Brantford Food Bank
- Feed Brant
- Cayuga Food Bank
- Fare Share Food Bank Oakville
- Halton Community Services Directory– Kerr Street Mission
- Burlington Food Bank
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Health Line– Food Banks Burlington
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Health Line– Food Banks Hamilton
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Health Line– Food Banks Niagara
- Neighbour to Neighbour Food Bank
- Hamilton Food Share
- United Way Halton & Hamilton
- Halton Food for Thought
- Brant Food for Thought
- Niagara Nutrition Partners
- Child Nutrition Network (R.E.A.C.H.)
- Southwestern Public Health
- Niagara Region Shelters listing
- Women’s Place
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Health Line – Shelters Niagara
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Health Line - Shelters in Hamilton
- Mission Services
- Interval House
Other Resources for Families
Government of Canada - COVID-19 resources for parents and children
Educational and recreational resources, as well as information on children’s mental health.
Ontario Association for Children’s Aid Societies
Resources for caregivers, parents, youth and service providers.
Children First Canada
Resources for children and families impacted by COVID-19, including resources for First Nations children and youths.
The Child Mind Institute
Resource page for families. Special focus on wellness and mental health.
This is provided for information purposes only. Programs, resources and offers may change over time. We aren’t necessarily recommending any organizations or programs, we are helping with access to information.