2021 Rules and Regulations
- Each applicant must:
- Be a business in continuous operation since January 1, 2019;
- Have its head office and main operations situated within the City of Hamilton, City of Burlington, Town of Oakville, City of Brantford or surrounding areas;
- Be a corporation or registered business entity and provide proof of incorporation and/or registration as the case may be;
- Not be a not-for-profit or charitable corporation; and
- Employ no more than 50 employees.
- All business categories are eligible.
- Each applicant will submit an application in the prescribed form which will outline the applicant’s reasons for applying and what type of support would be most valuable to achieve their plan for measurable growth. The measurable growth of each applicant shall be assessed upon the following criteria: workforce expansion; economic impact to their area; first to market with a new product or service; and uniqueness/innovation of product or service.
- Each applicant must submit an online application that can be found at 1Awards.ca no later than Friday, April 2, 2021 at midnight.
- The 1Awards panel of experts (the “Panel”) will review all applications that meet the criteria and procedures set out herein and advise a shortlist of finalists (the “Finalists”)on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
- The Finalists shall make a virtual presentation to the Panel on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Each presentation shall be a maximum of 15 minutes and be subject to questions from the Panel. Presentations are to be conducted virtually via WebEx.
- The Panel will select one to three successful Applicants from the Finalists (the “Successful Applicant(s)”) for the 1Awards.
- The Successful Applicant(s) will be advised on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Due to the pandemic, presentations of awards will be virtual.
- The Successful Applicant(s) shall share in a total prize up to $126, 500 worth of cash ($25,000) and in-kind services ($101, 500). The Panel reserves the right to allocate the aforesaid total prize of $126,500 amongst the Successful Applicant(s) howsoever it deems advisable in its sole discretion.